the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, March 9, 2013

snowing in Denver

The snow has finally showed its face here at the stead. I am so glad I went to the store last evening. But it was so warm even with the snow coming down I ventured to the market to get some bread  crackers, aged all natural cheddar, and some hot chocolate. I came back and went to work.
Spoke with my future SIL about some of his e-projects and suggested he go visit the new makerspace in Reno/Sparks near where they live. He reminds me a lot of me when I was young.. Maybe that is why my daughter likes him. I hope it all works out because he could join us and he could be a part of the new venture TechCommando.. Teaching people how to regain control of their tech, rather than contiuning to be a slave to it. Hope he will.
I am now on day 5 of running Spock and he is being very cooperative for an old machine with new life. Ubuntu 12.10 is a lifesend for this old Dell XPSM140.. 2gb of ram and a recycled 80gb ide hard drive. The wireless connection is an older g but it moves nicely even on the slower speeds.
I have also been playing with Tails by TOR running off of a 2 partition 16gb flash drive. Its a nice setup for someone whose HD has crashed and still needs an active machine. Same with the UBUNTU 12.1 on a bootable flash drive ..
I am working on some projects whereby I can pick up another Motorola Droid so I can create some simple how to videos and also to start adding more content on self-reliance on the DrMACStudios youtube channel. We shall see.

No comments: