the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Monday, June 13, 2011

MOnday morning...back to Babylon

I spent the weekend working on cleaning up the garden to make it pretty for the Gestapo. I still got lots of work to do and I want to get some more medicinals for the front beds. I saw some potentials specimens on my walkabouts (yarrow, phlox, etc). I will have to bring my shovel with me and snag some samples in the evening on the way home. I bought seven more tomatoes this past weekend and the Jalapeno seeds I harvested last weekend from the organics I got at the farmers market are nice and dry and now they are enveloped. I will plant a few testers in the next few days. Took the kids for a swim yesterday and washed my drawers and a shirt in the chlorine water.. Better than a washing machine. And more earth friendly.
I will never understand why people feel that in order to get clean they must use a washer dryer. Our forefathers didn’t. They used a bucket and some lye soap and hung the clothes out to dry. Granted they only had a few garments but that is all that is necessary anyhow.
It has now been two weeks that I have been sleeping in the man-cave as Mrs T likes to call it. Living in my lab. It’s a plain life breathing fresh air and waking to the sounds of birds and kitties. Simple life. I only wish the winters were not so chilly so I could do it during the winter months also. Anyhow I am hoping to get over to Whole Foods this week . Simple foods to accommodate a simple life. Oops I forgot to grab my dumpie found veggies for lunch today. Oh well I will have to take a walkabout over to the store to get some fresh veggies/ fruit for lunch. As I said simple.

No comments: