the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, March 28, 2010

a busy Sunday



I spent most of the day in the garden today getting things going. I built a new raised bed out of scrap wood and recycled nails and planted some spinach and green onions seeds in pots. Those experiments are shown in the pics above as the pots with plastic coverings. I also planted a cuppla seed potatoes as an experiment . I know it is only March but I figured what the heck.. I love the taste of spinach leaves freshly picked..
As a sidenote I was moving things around out in the herb garden and noticed that the thyme i planted at the end of summer is coming back. There is another herb I wont have to replace.

1 comment:

Vee said...

I am so far behind .... I should have planted at least some of my seeds, or started making the frames for parts of our garden. Instead, I'm dealing with "moving" stuff... still! Good for you. Vikki at http://vikkisverandah.blogspot.com