the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

why do they look at us differently

bfast- oatmeal-fruit coffee
lunch- wedding soup, bread, fruit, water
dinner- chicken breast sandwiches with melted cheese and jalapenos, water

I guess that I have gotten to the point where I just dont pay attention to how others perceive me and the way in which Trash lives. Or maybe its just that I just gave up caring.

I hunt and gather, forage and rescue, recycle and reuse, teach our children, maintain our 'stead and in the words of another, I am not impressed with shiny things. Everything the Trash has acquired serves a purpose and/ or fulfills a necessity.

I have been asked recently why I list my daily nourishment at the head of each post. According to something I read a while back it suggested "That what you eat determines a lot about you". It certainly gives you a glimpse into how I maintain my nourishment needs. As for the rest of the clan at the stead, they eat similar to me but not exactly the same. I prefer water out of the tap much of the time, rather than pop or juice. It is one of those quircky thing that has haunted me for many years but I prefer water..

No comments: