the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday morning

bfast- oatmeal, fruit, coffee
lunch- chicken noodle soup, collard greens, water
snack- popcorn and water bottle
dinner- chicken breast smothered with pepper jack cheese, corn and red pepper, lemonade

I never thought about it before but as a freegan and a dumpie diver forager I guess that I am a different type of Survivalist. What I do, and how I do it, is inbred into my psyche and not something newly learned. When I go to a front door shop I by nature check out the back door before going around to the front. When I walk or ride the bike I am constanly on the look out for resources that I can use. When online I always check out the freecycles and the CL for free stuff and barter stuff. It may be why others think I am eccentric.

To me its a way of life.
Hunter , gatherer, forager, providor.

No comments: