the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Snow on the way

bfast- oatmeal, donuts coffee
lunch- Ramen noodles, apple water
dinner- smothered burritos, chile and water

After spring came in the other other day with temps in the 60s and 70s, It appears that we are going to get some foul weather to start the week.. how typical. But its a good reminder that its still too early to plant.. So I will keep prepping the soil..

Instead of putting the coffee grounds in the compost pile I am spreadiug it out in the containers to dry and then work it in. Along with chopped up veggie scraps etc.

I found a plastic pond yesterday and will be looking for a way to incorporate it into the landscape..
either as a water feature to attract birds or as a planter.. We will have to see.

Anyhow I am getting tired of the political and will be getting back to the prepping at both the brick and mortar stead and on the mobile BOM's.

3 comments:

callmeacynic said...

I am doing the same with my coffee grounds.
The bed left by the last residents has better soil than I thought. It looks like they worked it back then. I have worms in there so Im gonna work in the coffee grounds, some additional top soil. The compost is not ready.
I hung the trelaces and will hang tomatoes and peppers from milk jugs, plant the three sisters in the bed, and some okra for the wife in hanging milk jugs. It's only a 4 by 8 spot, so going vertical.
Snow on monday, so no planting until next week.

Trashdigger said...

dont use top soil use compost. Even if you have yo buy a bag or two.. As for the okrah use some coffee cans and trellis. MOre like a bush i believe.

I know well about that snow or rain thats coming.. I am getting the containers and beds ready..

callmeacynic said...

I used compost not top soil. Okra looks like a small tree I'll send pics.