the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

evening in the lab



I spent last evening in the lab working on a cuppla side projects and wishing that Frolympia would get back onine sao I could listen to the kids show on Tuesday nights. Alas it still is not up. I hope he reads this.
Anyhow I deep froze the carrots and corn I picked up from the dumpie and put away the assorted hand tools I acquired also.
I brought home some leftover sweets for the kids and Mrs T from the Babylonian holiday gathering. A joyous time was had however the crowd was too big for my claustrophobia.
I sure hope that they give us some room when they tag us for the FEMA camps

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hi Trash. I read you went to the holiday gathering, was just wondering what you think your best "Christmas" item was that you have ever gotten free or from the dumpie, besides food. For the past 8 years or so I have been looking at the two 5 ft tall Christmas trees that I retrieved from someones trash pile. There were very expensive designer type trees at the time, that look alot like the real thing. All they needed was a bit of cleaning up and dusting off. Even came with their own pinecone garlands and working lights. Picked them up in a very nice neighborhood in the middle of a warm day in June, think people might have been moving out. Just driving by, saw them, hit the brakes and tossed them in the back of the pickup, score! Just wondered what you might consider your best "find" pertaining to the holiday season, decoration, present for someone, etc? We are loaded down with snow here 6-8 inches on top of the 3 already there and bitter cold for the southern midwest..so I'd gladly send you some snow!