the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, December 17, 2010

camera phones are your friend


After spending years using my 35mm film camera arrays, and having been hounded by an old buddy with regards to the wonders of digital image making I had finally invested in an old Olympus digital camera to experiment with. The price was right, FREE, bar for the cost of batteries. Having grown accustomed to it and also wanting to experiment with the candidness of on the fly digital cameras I invested $18 for the above camera phone. They offered 10 bucks in airtime with the phone so it was a good deal. The phone also has bluetooth capability so it can transfer the pics to either my netbook or my MAC with the push of the connect button.
The fat that it is almost 3 megapixels is quite a feet and it is a flip design which makes it even better to fit in my pocket for spontaneous useage. I have it set for 640x480 resolution which is quite good for print and web .

No comments: