the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

gardening in Babylon

Bfast- oatmeal, fruit, toast, coffee
lunch- leftover chicken soup
dinner- an evening stroll and Sonic burgers on the porch.

As most of my readers know Trash works in Babylon all day. Being as I would rather talk and associate with green things (plants not Martians) I decided several months ago to bring a little green to my workspace. I started with some Pothos cuttings, expanded to a sickly"found" good luck bamboo and have since added a sick scheflera and some more pothos to my tribe. While it isnt much like the 'stead, it makes the Babyon existence almost tolerable.

I have used an old Biscotti tub to root the pothos in plain water and then have transplanted them into large coffee cans with "found" dirt. I use coffee grinds and old veggies and fruit peels for plant nutrition. This is my experiment in office horticulture .


No comments: