the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Thursday, January 15, 2009

gotta love the youth of today

bfast- oatmeal, fruit coffee
lunch- leftover chicken, biscuits, apple and water
dinner- homemade chicken soup with veggies, biscuits, water

Another day in Babylon. 2 more to go until the weekend. Sitting at lunch yesterday with some of the "kids". I was fascinated at their discourses. It seems $100 for a pair of jeans is nothing to these kids. My god, If i have to pay more than 5 bucks I look elsewhere. Denim is the working mans fabric and no working man is gonna pay ( nor could he afford to pay) $100 for a pair of work pants. But these kids buy them regularly and in volume,
I wondered how these jeans would hold up digging trenches, working on the roads, or doing anything that requires manual labor. Neither would these kids. We are in a conundrum.

Anyhow my compost project (like at home) I am using a 3lb plastic coffee can w/ lid to hold the food scraps I create at work to compost and bring home. I figure I am only 1/2 invested if I throw away stuff at work that I wouldnt throw away at home. So the intermingling continues. I have began a small bit of horticulture in the office with a "recycled" good luck bamboo and a cuppla pothos clippings. Makes the space a bit cozier. Plus with this move in Babylon I have a parking aspace in front of my desk for the bike and more room to branch out and the bright side is a full view window to see the world outside.

No comments: