the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, January 18, 2009

another year older

bfast-oatmeal, toast w apple butter, coffee
lunch- tortilla w butter, orange water
dinner- roast beef, mashed taters, salad, water and of course b-day cake. (my?)

spent a relaxing day on the ol 'stead spreading the wealth of compost donations to the several bins. Also added some recycled bird seed and leftover citrus to the feeders around the yard and in the carport. It was almost 65 yesterday so I spent the day in shorts.

In the afternoon took a bike/ bus (10 miles on bike, 20 on bus) run to downtown as the missus bought some sewing stuff for cheap on the local CL. I had to mee the sellers and pick up the stuff. I get some of the strangest looks and comments when people see you pick things up on the dumpie bike.. In Asia noone gleans when you use the bike for carrying stuff but in America its considered strange. I mean this load was so light it would have been stupid to drop 10 bucks in gas and my stress level to go downtown in a car and drive back.. To me it makes the acquisition sweeter when you do it on bike. The idea I had a few months ago of converting the insulated pizza delivery totes I acquired into an oversized messneger bag worked well. I was able to recycle an unneeded box as I was able to put about 30 pds of fabrci and accutiments sewing stuff in the bag and toss it over m shoulders. Kudo to me for that little invention.

1 comment:

janineem said...

Trash, You're my hero.