the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday morning rants

Saturdays menu
breakfast- toast and jelly, coffee
lunch-bologna sandies and green beans/dip, water bottle
dinner--turkey hot dogs w/cheese and green beans w/ dip, kool aid

In the morning made a few bucks on the CL . went over to Starriedollars where i saw a compadre I ride thye bus with hangin out in the AC and WIFI zone.
I spent most of the day watching tv and yard saling. picked up some free books from the book seller dumpie. Junior also picked up another bike ($2) we could use for parts.
the afternoon was so hot and muggy we went to the pool and hung out for a few hours.

Reading the rags this morning about a quick stimulus package that would pay us poor folks for selling our clunkers for scrap to keep them off the road.. HAHA ROFL. For me the clunkers are light use vehicles due to their unreliability and age. Mine gets about 1000 miles a year if that. I wouldnt drive it that far anyhow. Prefer walking or bike and public transport.
Hybrids are a waste of money as the take many years to ROI. And for me, the initial investment of 35k is ridiculous. When you consider I spent 20k for my home. A car should not cost more than your home.
I would sat that if a yuppie wants to turn green it shouldn't take alot of green to accomplish. Give them a buss pass, a bike and a few trips to the dumpsters. The true green would appreciate it. The yuppie will shut up and go back into hiding until the nex fad comes by.

No comments: