the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

hump day musing

Bfast- roast beef sandies with melted cheese, burrito and coffee
Lunch- hoagies, chips and waterbottle (freebie catered food)
Dinner - leftover hoagies potato salad and water (leftover freebies)

read an article today about the Extreme makeover house that went into foreclosure because apparently the owners borrowed against it to fund a failed business. In the same paper I also read that the US guvt is borrowing more money to fund tthe guvt and its projects. Wonder what will happen when the white house is lost to foreclosure amongst the ever growing deficit.. Wont be long.

Trashs advice is to BE Prepared for the future. Watch or torrent some old episodes of the Waltons. Learn self reilance and subsistence living. The skills you learn will help you survive. Use them.

Remember that one of Trash's testaments is live below your means.

2 comments:

i_b_sparky2003 said...

"Watch or torrent some old episodes of the Waltons". The Waltons are my favorite TV showbut I do have to blame them for me having such a large family! 5 sons and 2 daughters.And when my 4th son complains about his name....I just tell him he should be proud,not every kid is lucky enough to have a name like "Billy Bob"!
BTW,grandchild #17 was born June 21,08

Trashdigger said...

Trash too has a large family 4 sons, 2 daughters, and 2 stepdaughters. 2 older boys over on their own. 2 daughters and 1 son living with their mom and 2 stepdaughters and one son living with Trash. 2nd oldest has brought forth 2 grand children.

I started the journey many years ago as a means of givin the kids the goodies on one income. I just never published my antics. I used to paper journal my activitities for posterity now I just do this for the future generations and to offer some of the tips i have found.