the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, November 27, 2011

turkey week was a blast



After a hectic start turkey week turned into a blast. Sinec I am the oly one in the stead who likes the dark meat I broke down and bought a 6lb butterball turkey breast and a 10 pound ham already cooked and spiral cut. The turkey was slow roasted on a charcoal grill as were the collard greens. We also had mashed taters, sweet potatoes, celery and deviled eggs along with the other typical items. For dessert I picked up some pumpkin pie, pecan pie and a blueberry pear pie at the bakery. Washed all down with cokes and fresh water.
Went back to the lab on Friday and took junior with me. He enjoys playing with my toys down there. The bosses of Babylon brought donuts in the morning and brought in pizza for the lunch hour. Left at 330 and came home. The weekend has been good thus far. Eating leftovers and building junior a newer MAC for his frivolity and portability.
I did some laundry yesterday. 8 shirts and a pair of jeans. That is 2 weeks worth of clothes for ol Trash. Wasting water is high on my list of gripes in society. 1-2 showers a week per person is more than enough. I cant seem to get the girls on board but the water they waste is salvaged with the water by the water I dont waste.
Anyhow Black Friday came and went and dam cigarettes and tobacco are never on the list of items on sale. SO I did not buy anything. No need to. I will scavenge what others replace.. The Trash credo, "Living off of the excesses of others"

1 comment:

Modern Day Redneck said...

I did not see many beer sales worth getting out for either.