the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, November 5, 2011

ode to combat boots

Long and winding week in Bablyon so did not get much real work done. So the weekend will be busy after I get some rest. I went over to Army NAvy surplus this week and picked up a pair of surplus combat boots. Comfortable from the time you put em on and even comfier as you put miles on them. Well made and inexpensive. I spent about 15 minutes this morning cleanin the mud and muck from them due to the walk to Wallie world last evening to get some sodas and ice for the kids. I used to wear combat boots all the time as a yungin and was perverted to thinkin that yuppie shoes were better. I have never found a pair, other than the overpriced ugg boots that even compare to the old combat boots. Simplistic design, triple sewn leather and well designed tread.

No comments: