the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, October 16, 2009

Potatoes galore




This week the local Safieway had an ad for 10 pound bags of Idaho potatos for 99 cents each. NO LIMIT..

Guess what I now have appx 50 pounds of potatos (3 bags last nigh and already had 2 more bags from last weekend)at the stead for the winter cooking. POtato soup, beef stew, veggie soup, and my favorite fried potatos.. I will prob need to buy more before the sale goes off . But thats ok ..

2 comments:

ThrtnWmsFam said...

I don't usually shop at safeway because their prices are usually a big high but THANKS for the heads-up! I'm heading there tomorrow, because of you. Since my kid suddenly likes baked taters, I'm thinking 5-10 bags! Vikki at www.survival-cooking.com

Trashdigger said...

Sometimes you can get good deals at the Safieway.. I frequent them for both front door and backdoor shopping.