the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, October 9, 2009

Bananas are your friend...


bfast cheesey grits, banana, coffee
lunch- leftover fried chicken, fritos and water
snack banana chips
dinner fried chicken potato wedges, water

The missus and I went shopping last Friday and bought a lot of bananas as ourr youngins love them.. Apparently noone has been in the mood for one or more this week and they are getting overripe. Being the greenie I am I cant let them go unused to a landfill. SO I went a googling for more uses.
Beside fertilizer for roses and chunked for squirrel food I wondered what else I can do..
Banana peel chutney, banana facial masques, banana bread, and banana smoothies are useful recipes and easy to accomplish.. CHeck it out.

1 comment:

ThrtnWmsFam said...

be sure to peel, break into pieces, and freeze in baggies. perfect for smoothies! Vikki at http://www.survival-cooking.com