the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, November 9, 2012

living off excess

It really helps to have friends in low places. One of my compadres down at the lab had recently stocked their freezer with lots of hunt meat and etc and asked me if I would like the meat and stuff that they werent going to use . Of course old Trash  said ok. Yesterday she brought me a cooler filled with steaks, chicken, a pork loin,  pork chops and some elk steaks.. yumyum. Along with that are a bout a half a dozen frozen dinners, some prepped chicken wings, prepped chicken cordon blu and some apple desserts. more yum yum. Brought them home on the public transport and stocked up my freezer some more.  Adding to the 50 pounds of turkeys, meats and assorted frozen veggies already in the deep freeze.  yumyum.
This on top of last week where me and the Mrs went and stocked up on winter stuff from the thriftymart and the grocery store. All in all a good fall thus far.

No comments: