the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday morning frolic



48 degrees this morning when i awoke and made coffee. Had to wait until almost 10 before I could water the ground and work in the garden. To pass thei time I processed a few zuchs and squash for the deep freeze and also gave the green onions, chives and the lemon thyme a little haircut for preservation. The smell of onions and lemon is wonderful. I am also at the short harvest time for lettuce that i planted from the seed pods in the video I shot a while back.. Its nice and tender due to the cooler weather. I think this weekend I will take some pics of the lettuce and greens that are still thriving in October. It has been a few weeks that I have had to buy lettuce since the kids ate it up the last harvest..
As I said its a learning device as to what the kids will enjoy that the Trash garden provides. I am also in the pro9cess of cleaning out the dehydrator for fall useage.

September harvest totals
15 pounds of foraged plums (more coming and still freezing)
20 pounds foraged apples (more coming)
5 pounds of tomatos
15 pounds of squash
10 pounds of cukes
how are you guys doing?

No comments: