the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, August 8, 2010

sitting on the porch watching the grass grow

Mrs T did a wonderful post the other day on her blog about looking at the world under the shade of the squash plants..a great piece. But even working from the porch office affords me a chance to notice the wildlife that comes visiting when you provide food, shade, water etc for them. It creates a biodiverity that was present in the garden of eden. Birds come calloing to the sunflowers, rabbits to the lettuce and carrots. squirrels share our maters.. I dont mind sharing. As long as we get the majority.
Anyhow the cucumbers are fruiting nicely. I have both picklers and salad cukes growing. The maters are in full force and yes I even still have lettuce in the micro-climate of the shade. I started up some trays of greens and peas for the fall crop yesterday and today we are heading up to the pharm market to do some exploring.
Have a good Sunday

No comments: