the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

mid week post

Stayed home from Babylon today to take Mrs T to an appt. Working from the porch office this morning. The rain yesterday left a nice little bit of moisture on the ground and the garden is loving it. Thing surely perk up with a tad of natural moisture. Supposedly the wind picked up last night but me and the Mrs were asleep by 9-930 so we missed it. Apparently we had two power outages yesterday. One in the morning and another last evening. Alas. I prefer the dark. Yet the swamp coller doesnt really work without the electric motor. I really need to get serious about finding a portable generator.. Prices should be fairly cheap during the summer months.. We shall see.
Anyhow I harvested some collard seeds and some cantaloupe seeds from the early melons and the spiked collards. If anyone wants any I would be happy to share at a dollar a packet.. (30-40 seeds of collards and 10 seeds of cantaloupe) Just comment some interest and I will fwd where you can send the donation. COllards would be a good green for the fall harvest. SO if you get them in now you can have collards in about 4-6 weeks. The cantys would be a next spring start..
I also have plenty of chives and yarrow if anyone is interested..
Not that I need the money but to cover postage and a trip to the mailbox.

No comments: