the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the census boy came a calling

Well, Trash had his run in with the census boy yesterday. As I was leaving the stead for a stroll over to Wallie, census boy caught up to me. Asked if I lived at the house I came out of. Yup. And as per the constitution there are 2 of us there. He said he might have to report us as refusals (refuseniks). I reminded him that I was not refusing, and that I was only giving him what was COnstitutionally required.. It aint noones dam biz who is there, their identifiers, or what I do. I am sure it is already on records somewhere in their vast databases of info..
Anyhow got up early this morning to tend to the gardening chores.. I sure hope we get some rain. I hate using cistern water (rain and snow melt) this early. I placed a few of the homemade ollas in the soil this last weekend and they appear to be working. They all needed a top off. I think this would also be a great way to add nutrient food (compost tea) as needed.
Anyhow gotta head to Babylon.

No comments: