the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, July 10, 2009

Prep story of my own

Bfast-oatmeal, fruit and coffee
lunch--Pasta primavera, fruit and water bottle
dinner-- homemade smothered burritos, veggies and sweet tea.

After writing the post yesterday I came home from Babylon, grabeed an iced sweet tea and proceeded to move the trash cans to the curb for Friday pick up. I heard the not so familiar sound of streaming water coming from the hot water heater closet. I opened the door and caught a glimpse of a small spritzer leak on one of the connectors.
I put the tea down, went to the tool/ spare parts cabinet and pulled out another connector, pvc pipe cutter and a monkey wrench. Turned off the water and replaced the connector in about 15 minutes..my cost $2.00 for the parts and 15 minutes of work.. A Plumber emergency visit cost about $150.. Thats prepping.

Since it is Tras Day this morning, Trash and Junior went for a walk after dinner to see whats new and available. Brought home some pots and a long water heater box for a rain shelter for junior. He is so creative and resourceful. I asked about rain and cardboard. He said he would throw a tarp over the box. Smart kid/

No comments: