the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunday finds and other things

bfast- free donuts and coffee at the local Park and ride.. always luv the free meals and sales pitches
lunch- Chunky ham and pea soup (bought at 99 cents a can sale at Safie), leftover popcorn chicken, tea
dinner- pasta with tomato basil turkey sauce, dumpie french bread, lemonade

On my Sunday morning jaunt I came across fresh citrus (lemons, oranges, limes back of the Safieway along with the ever present bags of package greens. the birds and the kids and I love that. We also got a treat because they had just put out a few containers of deli fresh baked ham just a day after the best if sold by date. All still in their hermetically sealed packaging. Yum yum it will make some lunch treat sandies this week.

It feels like spring is coming to the stead. The soil is getting soft and the compost bins are looking real good. Should have a bumper crop of compost this year. I have been scouring the dumpies and the CL for garden stuff to add to my already growing population. I want to try and make this year a bumper season. We shall see.

No comments: