the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, August 16, 2008

the rain barrels are half full

I just went outside to dump the trash and while I was outside anyway I went and checked on my 2 rain barrels that before this rain were empty and gathering dust. Well after a day and half of light rain they are half full (about 15 gallons each). And the rain is still falling. By the end I should have a full 60 gallons of garden water available for the veggies. NOt that I will have to water right away, but glad to know I will be able to do it for free.

No comments: