the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday reading

As most of you know old Trash prefers alot of the old ways. Walking, riding bikes and taking public transportation. 2 of the books that I believe belon in evertones library among others is Lloyd Kahns "Shelter", Helen and Scott Nearings "Living the Good Life" and Tom Cuthbertsons "anybody's bike book". All three of them deserve to be read and reread. To be honest my old copy of Shelter was misplaced in one of my moves and so after friending Lloyd and Lew a few months ago on FB Lew got Lloyd to autograph nd send me a new copy. It is proudly displayed in my studio office and is being reread an annotated.
Knowledge is essential and creative methodology must become inherant in our activities in order to thrive in the society we have. I have alot of other resources which have influenced me whihch I will share with you all this summer. In the meantime prep, grden and consider creative ideas for survival. Both of these books are good investments. And should be acquired. If you are interested let me know and perhaps I can potentially open up a storefront online in order to hjelp you get resources which Trash finds useful.. Let me know

No comments: