the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Friday, November 12, 2010

free Turkey day stuff

While I went to a wellness faire on Tuesday, Trash signed up for a door prize raffle on the way in. I also gathered a recycled shopping bag with gobs of freeebies and schwag snacks, pens, trinkets etc to bring home. Yesterday I was informed that I had won one of the door prizes (a $25 gift card to King Soopers grocery store)
It just so happens that tomorrow (saturday) between 12-5 our local KS is having a pre-holiday open house with door prizes, free snacks and giveaways..
Guess where I will will be going. Front door shopping for Thanksgiving dinner using the gift card and snagging anything I can.
Even though it is expeced to be a cooler day I will def be able to take the dumpie bike over to pick up the goodies.
I checked on the greens that I moved onto the porch and into the garage studio and they are doing ok. Darn will I ever be able to not have collards, mustards, and lettuce.. I know I should not complain because braised greens with onions is wonderful.

No comments: