the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday memories

While I did not do a video yesterday I was busy working on the garden and working on the enclosure of the carport/garage and beginning the work of weather proofing it so I can use it as a winter mancave/studio. Using recycled and found lumber and hardware makes the project a labor of love and hones the scavenging skills necessary to survive and thrive on the excesses of others. I will do a video from the new studio/mancave as time permits. However I need to getit ready this fall. The fireplace needs to be installed and a flue found for warmth during the cold winter months.
I pitted and sliced all but a few pounds of the plums and placed them in the deep freeze. I also found a recipe yesterday for grilled apples, which I experimented with last night as we grilled some hot dogs and polish sausage with some some summer squash on the charcoal grill last evening.
It was so warm we sat outside at the picnic table and ate then moved the conversation to the porch where we relaxed until after midnight. Needless to say I did not wake in time for work this morning so I took a day off to get some more work done..
Tis a beautiful MOnday morning at the homestead..

No comments: