the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dont buy boxed steaks....

bfast- leftover egg roll, cheddar/jalapeno baquette, grapefruit, coffee
lunch- 2 hot dogs in bread, salad, mtn dew
dinner-- bbq steaks, corn on the cob, sweet peas, water and ice cream for dessert

Twas a wonderous laborless day. worked around the 'stead. made a few bucks from the CL and took the kids over to the pool on its final day. I got myself my second bath in 2 days. Dam I am good. Anyhow I have to take gettin the "stead ready for winter more seriously. The gutter replacement and downspout repair/repalce is going to cost me about 50 bucks. The caulking shouldnt cost but a few bucks more.

Time to get serious about stocking up on staples in the pantry. Who knows what winter will bring. I want to pick up a spare heat tape and some connectors and jojnts for the pipes. Better to have them then to have to run to Lowies to gettem .

The printer we found in the dumpie is working fine. While I wouldnt use it for photos due to its lack of quality its good for everyday printing. Anyhow since this is the last day of my staycation I will be putting the last of the summer beers in the fridge and will imbibe after my errands this morning.

The weather changed a bit last night after 4-5. The wind picked up and for a while we didnt think the bbq was going to happen. But I kept some water around just in case the fire in the grill got out of control. It didnt. But last night the weather dropped below 60 for the first time in the last few months. Its almost 50 right now and wont get warmer than the 70s today. Was able to turn the swamper off late last night but the fan which keeps my airwaves open is still on.

No comments: