the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, January 20, 2013

a new year

Well the holidays are over and its time to start dealing with 2013.  My son and grandson paid a visit this past week and I was able to spend an afternoon with them. Catching up.. It has been a long 2 years since I last saw him. Trash is getting older but not necessarily wiser.
I see alot of things going on in the world that I just cant grab onto. MOre and more nanny state politics. More and more intrusion on our basic civil liberties. Less and less freedom. Is that what America has become? Do we really need mommy to take care of us? Have we become that codependent? The answers are quite shocking. For the most part the answer is yes..
What has happened? This is what the masses want? And they are getting it..
Anyhow for some of us life goes on undaunted.. The daily struggles continue. Work, prepare, and live on the fringes of the freedoms we still have. For how long. Who knows? But we must persist..

No comments: