the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Sunday, November 1, 2009

compost in the fall and winter

Now that the first snow is gone.. 65 degrees today. I was able to harvest about 30 gallons of water from the roof. I also was able to get out into the compost bin and add all the coffee grinds, onion skins, egg shells crushed etc into the bin. Tomorrow I will give it a turn and turn it under.. Never think that you have to throw the waste in the trash when the bins are right outside. Gather it up during the storm and place it in the bins after the snow melts.
With all the new beds getting created I also dump cans of coffee grinds into the beds and let them set up. Same thing with the egg shells and lettuce veggie leaves. Just lay hem out.. What doesnt get composted the wildife will enjoy.

No comments: