the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Monday, September 18, 2017

signs of fall

A dozen butterflies hanging out in the bushes near the lunch table. All look quite alike.  But each one a different animal. I watched them for about 40 minutes while I enjoyed some chicken and potatoes from Saturday afternoons trip to the pharmacy and the storage unit. The way they flew around without a care was awe inspiring. Every time I got close enough to photograph they would fly
away. SO the memory lingers in my head only.

Issues at home took their toll on me and the Mrs. We spent Sunday crashed out on our easy chairs relaxing after a busy Saturday at storage grabbing a few items for the new home.  All that is left are getting the cars from the rental and bringing them closer to the camp site.

I was going to do it on my own but rather I am paying a tow company to pick them up and bring them to me. Much easier on my sanity.  

Another issue that I am facing is how to train someone else child, now a woman, to behave like an adult and take responsibility. Play time ends for the most part when you are over 18. Or so that is what I taught my kids. Roof, food and utilities are the top priorities that I stress. Everything else is a luxury.

No comments: