the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reading : free is good.


Reading is a major part of my existence. I read voraciously. As a youth I always had at least a couple of books with me wherever I went. Nowadays with the advent of the e-readers I am able to carry more and more books but in a smaller format. Having played with the different sizes and formats I am very satisfied with the ipad2 and the ibooks app. Held vertically the ipad is just the right size and feel for reading a book at a comofortable positioning. The type is wonderful for my old eyes to focus on and the swipe is wonderful to navigate the page turning. While my choices for media consumption is primarily books the ipad can also handle pdfs and magazines with ease. Using another app i can also navigate volumes of comic books and alternative zines. ONe of the new site i discovered recently is feedbooks . They have a wonderful array of books to select from and can easily download direct to the ipad ibooks app.

No comments: