the Trash vitae

Trash is the editor-in-chief of an independent Colorado micro-publisher/ design studio. I dabble in digital photography, the lost art of film image making, and guerilla digital video. DrMAC Studios specializes in books and videos on self-reliance, gardening, dumpster diving, urban foraging and living off the excesses of others.
This blog documents my daily experiences with the rest of the world

Saturday, November 15, 2008

one family, one trashcan for the week

bfast-- oatmeal, fruit, coffee
lunch-- free from babylon roast beef sandie, chips, apple, cookies, 2 water bottles and salad.. enough salad leftovers to take home for bird treat and dinner accompaniement
dinner-tuna sandies, salad, bbq chips and water

I was really happy on Friday morning as I only had 1 30 gallon trashcan to put out this week. It says something about the clan and this 'stead becoming more conscious. The old dumpie mobile I statred before the cold front but didnt drive it. Last night I needed to hit up the front door store but I walked over and back. "live what you preach". And I try.

Rosie and the herbs seem to have made it ok and the scent in the dining room is wonderful. Even wifey said so over dinner. We are also talking about how we can make more room in the garage for setting up an all year growing area.. hmmm. I can always develop some hair brained ideas for expansion.. Oh my she even brought up the notion of CANNING.. hot dam. gotta love the missus. Anyhow it is Saturday morning , the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and its a wonderful day. ENJOY.

No comments: